1. Format Your Resume Wisely :
- Use a logical format and wide margins, clean type and clear headings
- Selectively apply bold and italic typeface that help guide the reader’s eye
- Use bullets to call attention to important points (i.e. accomplishments)
2. Identify Accomplishments not Just Job Descriptions
- Focus on what you did in the job, NOT what your job was there’s a difference
- Include a one or two top line job description first, then list your accomplishments
- For each point ask yourself, What was the benefit of having done what I did?
- Accomplishments should be unique to you, not just a list of what someone else did
- Avoid using the generic descriptions of the jobs you originally applied for or held
3.Quantify Your Accomplishments
- Include and highlight specific achievements that present a comprehensive picture of your marketability
- Quantify your achievements to ensure greater confidence in the hiring manager and thereby generate interest percentages, dollars, number of employees, etc.